Spousal sponsorship: applying outside Canada while living within

It is unknown to many applicants that even when they are living in Canada, they can apply overseas and benefit from the shorter processing times offered by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. But either if applying within or outside Canada, there are legal ways to prepare a successful application and to have an application to be processed in the smoothest possible way.

Sponsorship Applications: “Option C” or Notice of Assessment

Some applications for sponsorship of family members to immigrate to Canada request to submit an “Option C”. Clients frequently ask whether they can submit a Notice of Assessment instead. Depending on the case sometimes is better to submit the Option C even if it takes a little bit longer to obtain than the Notice of Assessment from the previous year.