Federal Skilled Workers – Proposed Changes 2012
The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism has recently announced the possible changes that will take place later in 2012 for Federal Skilled Workers applying to come to Canada. Usually these changes are officially published by the end of June each year. With the information that the Minister has provided on April 4th, 2012 and April 10th, 2012 we can predict some of these changes and be prepared for the following:
– A new streamlined program for skilled tradespersons (occupations in construction, transportation, manufacturing and service industries)
– New regulations for a new points grid for Federal Skilled Workers
– Preference for younger immigrants
– More emphasis in high language proficiency for licensed professions
– Pre-assessment of foreign credentials
These changes are not official yet but we will keep posting regarding this matter.
Please share your opinion with us, we are looking forward to hearing from you.